Young professionals find opportunity for growth as one of the most important factors in a job/job search. Don't be discouraged if they ask before they even get the job. It shows they are eager to learn and willing do what it takes. We all know that young professionals usually don't stay in jobs very long. This is one of these reasons.
Below are a few tips that can help with your recruiting & retention efforts:
- Create spaces for advancement
- Recognize individual & team contributions
- Do engagement check-ins on a regular basis
- Allow for exploration in other areas of the business
- Make career development a consistent discussion topic
- Provide higher-level assignments for learning opportunities
Not discussing and implementing change around retaining young talent is going to become costly if proactive measure aren't taken.